My big goal this last few months has been “making space for myself”, per my therapist. Finding who I am. Doing what I need to do to feel comfortable. And I have been doing that. Until orchestra hit with a vengeance. I was doing just fine balancing work, the new Man Friend™, and daily practicing. A few weeks ago my peaceful balance was disrupted by orchestra-related performances. I’ve pretty much found myself on almost a month straight of rehearsals, concerts, and panic reed making to replace the reeds I ran into the ground this last series.
But hey, I got my face on a poster so there’s that! Said poster:
Anyway, I’ve kind of felt a bit of a crunch, and find myself back at my “old” stressed out self. Lashing out. Feeling tired. Feeling super overwhelmed. I do have much better mental tools to handle it now, so when I hit those walls I’m able to push back and pick up without crumbling.
There are so many things that are better. I can now go and face people in person. I feel this driving need to get out of my house at least once a day – even if it’s just for a run. I can be social. I don’t feel so crushed or broken.
I’ve run face-first into some memories from my previous relationship lately. It wasn’t the whammy I was expecting. I’m not hurt anymore. It doesn’t cause me distress. I’m more analytical. And today I threw out something that’s been nagging me. And you, you unfortunate reader of this blog, will get to relive some of what I had put up with.
So when you move someone into a very small house, you find you need places to put shit. In this case: the bathroom. It’s super small, and not a lot of storage. So I got this rack to put in the bathroom. Stuff went on it. It was good. Until the other person comes home blackout drunk at 1AM. He went out and got trashed, came home, decided he had to pee. Because he could hardly stand up straight, he grabbed the rack, and then he fell over. And took the rack and everything on it with him. Oh, and somehow on the way down he pulled the lid off of the toilet. So after the racket woke me up, I went into the bathroom to find the rack knocked over, all of the stuff on the floor (or broken), and the lid from the toilet shattered. And a very blasted man who should have thanked his lucky stars he didn’t break his neck. I was lucky that day to not be treated to another angry drunk tirade. He went to bed and passed out, while I got to clean everything up. Since then, I’ve looked at that rack and hated it. I hated the memory. I hated that it was there when I didn’t need it anymore.
Today it went in the trash. That felt so good.
So on to some updates:
- Yep, shit ton of orchestra
- Duet with Josue went amazingly well. He’s the best duet partner, tons of fun! We have one more performance, then we put Bach to bed
- Man Friend™ is definitely a thing. I’ve introduced him to a few of my friends. He’s fun. I enjoy the time we have together, even if it’s brief some days.
- My yard is a disaster. Oh god, a huge disaster. I need help!
- Running is still spectacular. Improvements are very tiny, but overall I’ve cut off tons of time per mile, and tons of weight. Definitely a correlation between how much weight I carry and how fast I can run.
- Weight in general is under control. I’m still on the chunky side, but a lot thinner (two sizes), and I’ve got stamina for days. I feel good.
- Salem has not run off again. She’s less grounded now, but I keep an eye on her. She also managed to “lose” two of her collars. Pretty much the worst cat.
That’s all I have to say today. I know the post meandered, but my reminder to write went off this morning so this is what you get. Enjoy!